Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Augurex Life Sciences Corp. is a biotechnology company focused on developing biomarker blood tests that transform patient clinical management for better disease outcomes. JOINTstat® represents Augurex’s first commercialized blood test that is paving the way for an immunology franchise of pipeline biomarkers with digital health applications for patient-centric care.
The dynamic team of Augurex employees are tenacious, inclusive and have a passion for seeing our products make a difference in the lives of patients. From the laboratory bench through to clinical development and commercialization, we are building an organization based on solid values to transform illness to wellness.
The Executive Assistant supports the Chief Executive Officer and the Augurex team in areas such as document control, general office management and other corporate-level administrative leadership. The ideal individual will have high attention to detail, exercise good judgement, initiative and a strong ability to plan during high and low-volume work times. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing collaborative environment, has exceptional English oral and written communication skills and has the experience to handle confidential matters with discretion.
Role and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; preparing confidential correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provides a seamless interface between the CEO and internal departments, including the board of directors; demonstrates professionalism and leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with the executive team.
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Provides exceptional support to the Board of Directors with guidance from the CEO and CHRO.
- Prepares meeting and presentation materials.
- Provides support to document control and assists with managing contracts and insurance.
- Handles facilities and office management related duties.
- Orders office supplies and equipment.
- Assists with business calendar management – coordinates meetings, travel and team events.
- Handles highly confidential information.
- Manages general software and IT-related issues.
- Coordinates incoming calls and provides general administrative support.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting senior level executives.
- Exceptional organizational skills and unparalleled attention to detail.
- Strong judgement and unwavering commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Solid ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including employees, board members, investors and external partners.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Appreciated for your flexibility to be available outside of normal work hours to provide support on urgent matters or to meet tight deadlines.
- Regarded as highly adaptable, agile and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point), and Social Media platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, likeable and an appreciation for diversity and various work styles.
How to Apply?
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. While we thank all interested applicants only those candidates who are short listed will be contacted.