Augurex Life Sciences Corp, hiring within the Biotech / Medtech industry, has an immediate opening for a Laboratory Associate II. Augurex is a growing company that has a dynamic, cohesive team of employees who are passionate about bringing our products to market. Our team is driven to positively impact the world through improving the quality of the lives of patients who benefit from our products. If you are a self-motivated team-player who thrives in a rapidly evolving organization and embraces a culture of growth and change, we would love to hear from you!
We: 1) are passionate about health, 2) have a positive attitude, 3) operate with a sense of urgency, and 4) consider no problem unsolvable. If your personal values are aligned with our core values, and your skills and qualifications fit the list below, this is an opportunity for you.
The Laboratory Associate II will be responsible for supporting the continuous improvement of existing Augurex products and supporting the development of new pipeline products. They will play a critical role in these activities by conducting research, running, and troubleshooting assays, investigating production challenges, and executing experimental plans. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication and coordination skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be proficient in running and troubleshooting the JOINTstat® assay.
- Provide technical support in identifying and resolving ELISA and other testing issues through investigation and troubleshooting.
- Execute experimental plans for new product development, analyze results and establish experimental next steps to advance product design.
- Collate, analyze, and summarize data and write reports.
- Manage test results and support preparation of manuscripts using statistical analysis software (GraphPad Prism) and graphic design software (Adobe).
- Gain a thorough understanding of the role of 14-3-3η in arthritis and the design of Augurex JOINTstat® family of pipeline products.
- Perform other related activities as assigned, including general laboratory and equipment maintenance and junior laboratory staff supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum M.Sc. with 2+ years of laboratory experience, or B.Sc. with +5 years of laboratory experience in relevant fields such as Cell Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Health Sciences.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, GraphPad Prism and Adobe.
- Exceptional coordination skills and unparalleled attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with minimal supervision.
- A can-do, winning attitude and a strong supportive team player with the ability to embrace a culture of growth and change and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and CLSI guidance and other laboratory standards and regulatory documents would been an asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Augurex is focused on developing and commercializing biologically-informed near-patient solutions that transform health management for better outcomes. JOINTstat® represents Augurex’s first commercialized blood test that is paving the way for an immunology franchise of pipeline biomarkers with digital health applications for patient-centric care.
The dynamic team of Augurex employees are tenacious, inclusive and have a passion for seeing our products make a difference in people’s lives. From clinical development through to commercialization, we are building an organization based on solid values to transform illness to wellness.
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Work schedule: 8-hour workday, Monday to Friday
Posting date: 2023-05-04
- Casual dress
- Proximity to SkyTrain and bike routes
- Free parking near by
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid vacation
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home flexibility